THINGS WE LEARNED
Our store managers were recently kindly invited to the STORM HQ in London and reported back an incredibly informative day. As well as in-depth product knowledge and merchandising training our staff compiled some interesting facts from the day that you may or may not know about Storm London.
1.Founded in 1989, by Steve Sun with an aim to create an individual watch brand made from quality materials. 3 founding principles of quality, unique design and style have been followed.
2. The STORM name was discovered when founder Steve Sun endured a particularly turbulent flight on route to a production meeting in the Far East. The pilot announced there disturbance was due to a “Storm”. With connotations of strength and wonder this name immediately stuck.
3. STORM watches are fitted with either Miyota (Japanese) or Ronda (Swiss) – high quality movements.
4.STORM’s customer base is fiercely loyal and avid collectors include Steffan who has the largest collection known and even has a large Storm London tattoo on his chest. He recently had a model named after him: “Steffentron”.
5. STORM’s trademark and most popular colour is “Lazer Blue” and is often the prominent colour in their ranges.
6. STORM products are produced from stainless-steel metal and are anti-alergenic.
7. Inspiration for the models include remarkably everyday objects. The early popular model “Bubble” was inspired by his children’s marbles and likewise the “Enterprise” model inspired by the headlights of a Porsche 911.
We’ve had a fantastic feedback across our branches to the latest Storm collection and are also delighted now to be able to offer the range online. If you have any further questions relating to Storm London please get in contact via [email protected]
You can browse the range here: Storm London range.